Middle East is the 5th most market for 3D printing in the world, the top 4 being North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and South America respectively. The sales of 3D printing materials in the region are forecasted to exceed USD 550 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 16.7%. Israel is expected to witness the highest growth rates of the region (CAGR 20.4%), but the UAE will absorb the biggest share of these materials.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the other hand, is witnessing a rapid phase of development and re-orientation of priorities under the newly devised strategies outlined in Vision2030, a guideline to become an excelling nation in the Middle East within the stipulated timescale. Diminishing oil reserves in the country has called for alternative means of revenue generation and accordingly, the Kingdom has responded by revamping its FDI policies in the recent years and is open to embracing innovative technologies as a means of support to its ambitious drive.
3D printing being one of the centre force of industry 4.0 revolution, plays a pivotal role in the future of manufacturing sector. Realizing its enormous potential, Saudi Arabia had signed an MoU with WinSun3D (China) in early 2017 to 3D print 1.5 million houses in the Kingdom. Also in 2019, Elite for Construction & Development Company has purchased what has been described as the world’s largest 3D construction printer from a leading Danish firm specialized in construction 3D printing.
Several global players functioning in the 3D printing materials field are keen on associating with local authorities and traders in order to increase their market foot print in the Middle Eastern region. This could be seen as an growing interest aligned with the market potential and to increase product visibility across the region. SABIC, one of the local chemical manufacturing giant and the fourth largest chemicals producer in the world is also a leading innovator in 3D printing materials department making it a lucrative proposition to collaborate and expand their interests.
World 3D Print Summit & Expo 2019- Riyadh, is a first-of-its-kind platform in the Kingdom that brings together international organizations, associations, equipment manufacturers, experts and service providers with the local authorities, key industries and distributors to mutually collaborate and discuss the possibilities of additive manufacturing in the region
Helping the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
achieve its National Transformation Program
Improve the Quality and Efficiency of Healthcare Services
- E-Health Initiative: The initiative aims to improve the efficiency of the healthcare sector through information technology, digital transformation, and through utilizing state of the art technologies to ease access to healthcare (such as tele-medicine, and tele-consultations).
- PPP Initiative: The initiative aims to establish partnerships with the private sector to finance capital and operational projects to increase capacity and efficiency, and reduce waiting time and capital expenditures.
- Specialized Medical Laboratory Services Initiative: The initiative aims to enhance the services of King Fahd Center for Medical Research, the most important of which is the provision of specialized diagnostic and laboratory services, which are not locally available
Improve the Quality of Services Provided in Saudi Cities
- Apply Smart Cities’ Concepts Initiative: The aim of this initiative is to transform Saudi cities to smart cities, which will result in enhancing management efficiency and improving quality of life.
- Establish Urban Design Center of Excellence Initiative: The aim of this initiative is to establish and operate a center to attract talents in the field of urban design in order to elevate the level of urban landscape.
- Attract Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): Attract high quality, diversified, and sustainable FDI and win over foreign investors’ confidence.
Contribute in Enabling the Private Sector (SME)
- Develop and Promote Entrepreneurism Initiative: The initiative aims to develop a rich to support local entrepreneurs and investors; promote entrepreneurism and the develop entrepreneurship programs and innovation in educational paths.